The 2019 conference theme is Editors Canada 2019: Celebrating 40 Years. The conference committee welcomes presentations and workshops related to the theme, and one of the six streams:
- Navigating our story — sessions that highlight the culture of Nova Scotia and Atlantic Canada. Examples: editing in Atlantic Canada; helping recent immigrants tell their stories
- Navigating our markets — sessions about where and how editors find work, especially evolving and emerging opportunities. Examples: future of book publishing and book selling; teaching and coaching
- Navigating our business — sessions that help members conduct their business and do their work. Examples: using the new Editors Canada template for contracts, work-life balance,
- Navigating techniques and technologies — sessions about resources and practices that assist members in working better and more efficiently
- Navigating language and diversity — sessions that guide members in respecting the diverse needs of clients. Examples: ESL/EAL writers, editing poetry
- Navigating 40 years of Editors Canada — sessions that celebrate our 40th anniversary, looking back and looking forward. Examples: panels (one in French and one in English) of long-time and recent members, the future of editing
June 7th to 9th, 2019, at the Westin Nova Scotia Hotel in Halifax, Nova Scotia.